These load out posts have become one of my favourite things I write each month. I find the process of looking at everything I do very rewarding, instead of just noticing the minor changes that I actually pay attention to every month. I think it is a great way to identify what I do, how I do it and how to improve it.
The biggest change during the last month is that I have added a TWSBI Eco with a Stub nib to my daily carry. I have been using one of my newest inks in it: Pilot Iroshizuku Shin-ryoku. This is the first ink I have that isn’t black.
I also did something that have been in the back of my head for a while. It all started when I found a box of Pilot Cartridges that I had forgotten about. The thing I have started doing is to just use them up, and to use up my bottle of Lamy Black Ink, before I start using any other black inks.
This is the method I have been using to avoid getting a huge notebooks collection. I realised that I’m not a fan of the Pilot Ink or the Lamy Ink, but there is no good reason not to use them, and I will never do so unless I just force myself to do it.
Because, if I don’t take the active choice to use up that before I use anything else, then I’ll just keep using the stuff I prefer, until its so old I can’t use it. There is nothing wrong with the cartridges or the Lamy Ink, I just prefer my other inks.
The plan now, for both my TWSBI’s is to ink them up with the Lamy ink as soon as they are dry.
This is my current pen situation:
- Pilot Metropolitan: Inked up with Pilot Cartridges
- Lamy 2000: Inked up with Black Lamy Ink.
- TWSBI 580AL: Inked up with Pilot Iroshizuku Shin-ryoku.
- TWSBI Eco: Inked up with Pilot Iroshizuku Shin-ryoku.
And the notebooks situation:
– I finally completed my A4 notebook that I have been using since September. So I moved that portion of my writing and note taking over to my Midori Travelers Notebook.
– Midori Travelers Notebook: I use it for all my long form writing, and I have started to do some sketch noting as well.
– Hobonichi Planner: same as always: stuff that are due and appointments.
– Field Notes is as always the place I put all my tasks. But I only have 4 left, and I have not ordered any new ones. This means that a major change in this aspect of my day to day life is very close. I’m not going to say what, but I have planned to try something new in this area since in December.